Tuesday, December 13, 2011

moonrise

Roof, meet Moon... Moon, say hello to Roof.





Photogeek stuff:
To shoot the moon you need to be really really zoomed in.  This is at the long end of my 200mm zoom (300 in old speak).  As well as being WAY further away than it looks, the moon is also brighter than it looks....  so where you think you are going to get the nice shot of the unlit foreground with a moon with some detail in it in the background.... well good luck with that.
So I cheated and found a building with lights on it, a long way away.... full zoom, hand held deliberately underexposed.
I really liked the yin/yang of the two circles with the line through the middle.  The seeming timelessness of the moon with the (what seems to me) very transitory nature of the buildings here.  But I am going into silly waffling territory now....

No comments:

Post a Comment